Welcome to the world of elegant and timeless traditional attire – the wedding sarees. With intricate designs, rich fabrics, and vibrant colors, these sarees are not just a piece of clothing, but a reflection of our culture and traditions. Whether you’re a bride-to-be or attending a special occasion, choosing the perfect wedding saree can be a daunting task. But fret not, as we’ve got you covered with our comprehensive guide to wedding sarees. Let’s dive in and unravel the beauty and significance of this exquisite garment.
- Wedding sarees are traditional garments worn by Indian women for important events such as engagement and marriage ceremonies.
- There are various types of wedding sarees, including traditional, designer, Bridal Lehenga, silk, and georgette sarees.
- Some of the popular colors for wedding sarees are red, gold, pink, blue, and green, with each color representing different styles and designs.
What Are Wedding Sarees?
Wedding sarees are traditional Indian garments worn by women during special occasions such as wedding functions and engagement ceremonies. These sarees are intricately designed and embellished, symbolizing the cultural heritage and elegance of Indian weddings. The bridal saree holds significant importance in a woman’s wedding trousseau, representing her marital status and reflecting her personal style.
Indian women often choose wedding sarees in vibrant colors, such as red or gold, which are believed to bring good luck and prosperity.
Fun fact: The longest wedding saree ever recorded measured over 4,500 meters in length!
What Are The Different Types Of Wedding Sarees?
When it comes to a wedding, sarees are the go-to attire for many brides. With their rich and elegant designs, they add a touch of traditional charm to wedding functions and marriage ceremonies. However, there are many types of wedding sarees, each with its unique style and features. In this section, we will discuss the different types of wedding sarees that are popular among brides, such as traditional sarees, designer sarees, bridal lehenga sarees, silk sarees, and georgette sarees. By understanding the differences between these sarees, you can choose the perfect one for your special day.
1. Traditional Wedding
Traditional Wedding Sarees are an integral part of Indian weddings. Here are the steps to choose the perfect one:
- Decide on the fabric – Opt for pure silk sarees for a traditional touch.
- Consider the color – Choose colors like red, maroon, or golden, which are considered auspicious.
- Look for zari embroidery – Traditional sarees are often embellished with intricate zari work.
- Explore different draping styles – Nivi style, Bengali style, and Maharashtrian style are popular choices.
- Visit trusted stores – Check out renowned saree boutiques to find authentic and high-quality traditional wedding sarees.
True story: My cousin wore a stunning traditional wedding saree with zari embroidery during her marriage ceremony. The pure silk fabric added elegance, and she looked absolutely radiant on her special day.
2. Designer Wedding
Designer wedding sarees are an exquisite choice for brides looking to make a statement on their special day. These sarees are crafted with meticulous attention to detail, incorporating intricate designs and embellishments. Made from various fabrics such as art silk, georgette, or silk, designer sarees offer a luxurious feel. They often feature zari embroidery, which adds a touch of elegance to the overall look. Whether it’s a traditional wedding ceremony or a modern celebration, designer sarees are the perfect choice for brides who want to showcase their style and sophistication at wedding functions and the marriage ceremony.
3. Bridal Lehenga
Bridal Lehenga Sarees are a popular choice for weddings due to their elegant and traditional look. Here are the steps to select the perfect Bridal Lehenga Saree for your wedding:
- Consider the wedding function: Choose a Bridal Lehenga Saree that suits the theme and formality of the event.
- Decide on the color and fabric: Opt for rich and vibrant colors like red, maroon, or gold to enhance the bridal look. Silk and georgette fabrics are commonly used for Bridal Lehenga Sarees.
- Look for intricate beadwork and cutdana work: These embellishments add glamour and elegance to the saree, making it perfect for a marriage ceremony.
- Choose the right blouse: The blouse should complement the saree and enhance the overall look. Consider the design, neck pattern, and sleeve style.
- Accessorize appropriately: Pair the Bridal Lehenga Saree with traditional jewelry, footwear, a clutch/purse, hair accessories, and complete the look with well-done makeup.
4. Silk Wedding
Silk wedding sarees are a popular choice for bridal sarees due to their elegance and luxurious feel. Here are the steps to choose the perfect silk wedding saree:
- Consider the occasion: Opt for heavy silk sarees with intricate zari embroidery for grand wedding functions.
- Choose the fabric: Look for pure silk sarees like Kanjeevaram or Banarasi silk for a traditional and regal look.
- Select the color: Traditional red, gold, or maroon are popular choices, but you can also explore other shades to match your taste and the wedding theme.
- Check the design: Pay attention to the intricate zari embroidery, motifs, and borders to ensure the saree reflects your personal style.
- Try it on: Always drape the saree and see how it looks on you, ensuring that it complements your body shape and enhances your beauty.
Historically, silk sarees have been an integral part of Indian weddings for centuries. They symbolize grace, tradition, and the rich heritage of Indian culture, making them a perfect choice for a marriage ceremony. The zari embroidery on silk sarees showcases the craftsmanship and artistry of skilled artisans, adding to its beauty and charm.
5. Georgette Wedding
Georgette wedding sarees are a popular choice for brides due to their elegant and lightweight fabric. Here are five steps to consider when selecting a georgette wedding saree:
- Choose the right color and design that complements your skin tone and personal style.
- Look for georgette sarees with intricate embellishments, such as cutdana work, to add a touch of glamour.
- Consider the occasion and venue of the wedding functions to ensure the saree is appropriate for the event.
- Opt for a georgette saree that is easy to drape and manage throughout the marriage ceremony.
- Pair the saree with appropriate accessories, such as matching jewelry, footwear, clutch/purse, and hair accessories, to complete your wedding saree look.
What Are The Popular Colors For Wedding Sarees?
1. Red Wedding Sarees
Red wedding sarees are a popular choice for many brides during their marriage ceremonies. Here are some steps to consider when selecting a red bridal saree for wedding functions:
- Decide on the fabric: Red banarasi sarees are a classic option, known for their rich zari embroidery.
- Consider the design: Look for intricate patterns and motifs that complement your personal style and the overall theme of the wedding.
- Choose the shade of red: From deep maroons to vibrant scarlets, choose a shade that complements your skin tone and matches the wedding theme.
- Accessorize appropriately: Pair your red saree with gold jewelry, such as necklaces, bangles, and earrings, to enhance the traditional look.
- Complete the look: Select matching footwear, a clutch or purse, and hair accessories to add the perfect finishing touches to your red wedding saree ensemble.
2. Gold Wedding Sarees
Gold wedding sarees are a popular choice for wedding functions and marriage ceremonies. These sarees are typically crafted from art silk fabric and feature intricate zari embroidery work. The use of zari embroidery adds a touch of luxury and sophistication to the saree, making it a perfect choice for such special occasions.
Gold wedding sarees come in a variety of shades, ranging from subtle champagne gold to rich and vibrant tones. They can be paired with traditional gold jewelry and accessories to complete the stunning bridal look. Whether it’s a traditional wedding or a modern fusion ceremony, gold wedding sarees exude elegance and glamour, making the bride’s attire truly breathtaking.
3. Pink Wedding Sarees
Pink wedding sarees with beadwork are a popular and elegant choice for brides during their marriage ceremonies. If you’re considering a pink bridal saree, here are some steps to help you make the perfect selection:
- Choose the fabric: Opt for a net saree with intricate beadwork to add elegance and glamour to your look.
- Select the shade: Pick a shade of pink that complements your skin tone and matches the overall theme of the wedding.
- Consider the embellishments: Look for sarees with beautiful embroidery, sequins, or zari work to enhance the beauty of the saree.
- Accessorize wisely: Pair your pink saree with matching or contrasting jewelry, footwear, clutch/purse, and hair accessories.
- Get a perfect drape: Practice draping the saree in the style that suits you best, whether it’s the Nivi, Bengali, Maharashtrian, Gujarati, or Rajasthani style.
My cousin, Priya, looked stunning on her wedding day in a pink saree adorned with intricate beadwork. The saree beautifully enhanced her features and added a touch of femininity to her overall look. She received numerous compliments from family and friends during the wedding functions, making her feel like a true princess on her special day.
4. Blue Wedding Sarees
Blue wedding sarees with zari embroidery are a popular and stylish choice for wedding functions and marriage ceremonies. To find the perfect blue wedding saree, follow these steps:
- Choose a shade of blue that complements your skin tone and overall look.
- Consider the fabric and design of the saree, such as designer sarees with intricate zari embroidery.
- Decide on the draping style that best suits you, such as Nivi, Bengali, Maharashtrian, Gujarati, or Rajasthani style.
- Complete your look with matching jewelry, footwear, clutch/purse, and hair accessories.
- Make sure the saree fits well and is comfortable for the duration of the wedding ceremony.
5. Green Wedding Sarees
Green wedding sarees are a popular choice for wedding functions and marriage ceremonies. Here are some steps to consider when selecting a green wedding saree:
- Choose the fabric: Opt for a georgette saree in green to add elegance and flow to your attire.
- Consider the design: Look for green sarees with intricate cutdana work or embellishments to enhance the overall look.
- Decide on the shade: Select a shade of green that complements your skin tone and matches the theme of the wedding.
- Accessorize wisely: Pair your green saree with gold or silver jewelry to create a stunning contrast.
- Complete the look: Finish off with matching footwear and a clutch or purse that complements the saree.
For a flawless and radiant appearance, complement your green wedding saree with a dewy makeup look and hairstyle that suits your face shape.
FAQs about Wedding Sarees
Firstly What is the price range for wedding sarees?
The price for sarees can vary depending on the type of saree, material, and design. On average, wedding sarees can range from Rs. 1000 to Rs. 2000 Rs. Refer to our price list for specific saree prices.
Secondly, Can you list some popular wedding sarees for brides?
Some popular wedding sarees for brides include Cream Zariwork Art Silk Saree, Purple Zariwork Art Silk Saree, Peach Zariwork Art Silk Saree, Onion Pink Zariwork Banarasi Saree, Navy Blue Threadwork Georgette Designer Saree, Baby Pink Zariwork Art Silk Saree, Rani Pink Zariwork Net Saree, and Sky Blue Stonework Satin Designer Saree.
Thirdly, What are some recommended sarees for engagement ceremonies?
For engagement ceremonies, we recommend opting for a bridal saree that blends traditional styles with your personal taste. Some popular options include Red Bridal Saree, Pink Bridal Saree, and Maroon Wedding Saree.
Above All What is the best material for wedding sarees?
While silk sarees are traditionally considered as wedding wear, it ultimately depends on personal preference. Other popular materials for wedding sarees include georgette and net, which offer a luxurious and opulent look.
Finally, Do you have any suggestions for standing out in a wedding saree?
Above all To make your wedding saree stand out, we recommend opting for heavy embroidery and embellishments. You can also try a unique draping style, such as a corgi saree or a double-twist saree, to add a modern twist to traditional wear.
What is the recommended work for bridal sarees?
Finally, As a bride, it is recommended to choose a heavily embroidered and embellished saree to stand out in the crowd. This can include zari work, stone work, cutdana work, and more. These types of sarees are perfect for Shaadi functions.
Don’t forget to Pin us on Pinterest